Starting healthy habits during early adulthood may not be something many young men think about, but it’s important.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says young men should:
- Start each day with breakfast.
- Squeeze in a mid-morning snack to maintain energy and prevent overeating at meals.
- Eat plenty of lower-fat proteins, such as fish, tofu, legumes, skinless poultry and lean pork.
- Choose heart-healthy fats, such as avocados, olive and canola oils, walnuts and almonds.
- Get plenty of calcium and vitamin D, including at least three daily servings of low-fat cheese, milk or yogurt.
- Work out regularly, including exercises that promote weight-bearing and strengthening.
Leave a Reply