A potential side effect of radiation therapy is loss of appetite. But experts say it’s important to continue to eat nutritious meals during treatment.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests:
- Doing light exercise to help boost your appetite.
- Eating frequent and small meals, including foods that are easy to prepare and high in calories and protein.
- Avoiding drinks that aren’t very nutritious.
- Making meals fun by including favorite foods and using bright, colorful dishes.
- Enjoying some company while you eat, by going to a restaurant or having a dinner guest.
- Eating a variety of healthy foods, including nutritious additions, such as parsley or colorful bell peppers.